1. Government has no proposal to increase the tax benefit accorded for preventive health check-ups in the country under Section 80D of Income Tax Act. The current benefit is up to rupees 5000 under this section.
2. State-run Bharat Electronics Limited has set a target of Rs 20,300 crore for financial year 2023-24 as demand for indigenous products is driving growth for the company, its Chairman and Managing Director Bhanu Prakash Srivastava said.
3. India’s crude oil imports from Saudi Arabia plunged by 34% in July.
4. India First Life Insurance Company has launched a non-linked and non-participating product Guarantee of Life Dreams (G.O.L.D.) Plan.
5. Direct-to-home firm Dish TV India Ltd on Tuesday reported a 15.07 per cent increase in its consolidated net profit to Rs 20.54 crore for the April-June quarter of 2023-24 compared to Rs 17.85 crore a year ago.
7. Gautam Adani Enterprises Ltd. is exploring selling its stake in its Mumbai-listed consumer-staple joint venture with Wilmar International Ltd.