1. The Nationwide Meri Mati Mera Desh Campaign will be launched today to pay tribute to the Bravehearts who laid down their lives for the country.
2. Rajya Sabha passes National Nursing and Midwifery Commission Bill 2023.
3. Parliament passed the Inter-Services Organisation (Command, Control and Discipline) Bill – 2023.
4. Rajya Sabha passes Indian Institutes of Management (Amendment) Bill, 2023.
5. Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Singh Thakur has congratulated people in Delhi over the passing of the Delhi Services Bill in the Rajya Sabha. He said, passing this bill is a victory for the people of Delhi. The Delhi Service Bill was introduced to convert the ordinance into law, granting power to the centrally appointed bureaucrats to overrule the elected CM and senior officers in the Delhi Government.
6. The government has said that over two crore 41 lakh houses have been completed under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin to provide pucca houses to poor people.
7. Leader of the House in Rajya Sabha Piyush Goyal has said that the issue of foreign funding to a News-portal is very serious and it raises serious questions about those who claim to speak about democracy and free press.
8. BJP Parliamentary party meeting was held in the Parliament House complex in New Delhi. PM Modi calls BJP MPs for nationwide campaigns against corruption, nepotism, and vote bank politics.
9. Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has been re-allotted the 12, Tughlaq Lane bungalow a day after his Lok Sabha membership was restored following the Supreme Court staying his conviction in a defamation case.
10. Bharat Jodo Yatra 2.0: Congress MP Rahul Gandhi will embark on a fresh padayatra (foot march) from Gujarat to Meghalaya and during that period leaders and workers of the party’s Maharashtra unit would criss-cross the state.
11. Sparks flew on the first day of the debate on the no-trust motion on Tuesday with the Opposition asserting that it was forced to do so to break Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s “maun vrat” (vow of silence) on issues of national importance, including Manipur.
12. ANDHRA PRADESH CM Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy has announced that financial relief to the Godavari flood-hit farmers would be released by the end of this month. The Chief Minister sanctioned construction of a revetment to Godavari river bund in island villages over a stretch of 3.5 km at a cost of Rs 150-200 crore to check soil erosion in those habitations.
13. MAHARASHTRA CM Eknath Shinde will inaugurate the ‘Meri Mati, Mera Desh’ campaign at Mumbai’s August Kranti Maidan today.
14. In J&K, the annual Machail Mata yatra in the Kishtwar district of Jammu division is picking up pace with over 30 thousand devotees already paying obeisance at the 9,705 feet high shrine. The 43-day yatra commenced on July 25 and is scheduled to conclude on 5th September.
15. GUJARAT state govt. has implemented One District One Product (ODOP) scheme with a grant of 58 crores rupees to promote its indigenous products at the international level. The Gujarat State Handicrafts and Handicrafts Development Corporation (GSHHDC) has started the implementation of this scheme.
16. KARNATAKA GOVT SLASHES ENGINEERING COLLEGES’ FEE: The Higher Education Department has revised the fee structure for engineering and architecture colleges under various categories in the state. The move comes after Higher Education Minister MC Sudhakar last week announced that the engineering college fee hike will be reduced from 10% to 7% for the academic year 2023-24.
17. KERALA legislative assembly on Tuesday unanimously urged the BJP led Central government to refrain from implementing measures like Uniform Civil Code (UCC) which could adversely affect the entire population and the unity of the country.
18. Congress MP Rahul Gandhi will visit his constituency on 12-13 August.
19. MANIPUR: Police to take charge of checkpoint at Moirang Lamkhal on Bishnupur-Kangvai Road
So far, Assam Rifles was deployed at the said checkpoint, however, now civil police and CRPF will take the charge naka.
20. RAJASTHAN CM Ashok Gehlot on Tuesday announced that people involved in the crime against women including rape and molestation are being banned from government jobs.
21. UTTAR PRADESH Legislative Assembly is all set to pass a new set of rules under which members will not be able to take their mobile phones inside the House, tear documents or stand or sit with their backs towards the Speaker.
22. Vilas Sopan Wadekar has been recommended for the post of Director (Technical), Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation (MRVC).
23. The Telangana government issued orders promoting three IPS officers to the rank of Director General of Police (DGP):C V Anand (IPS: 1991: TG),
Rajiv Ratan (IPS: 1991: TG) and Jitender (IPS: 1992: TG).